Come journey with us as we seek to focus every road we take on the Gospel.

9.04.2006

Afghanistan

Of the 19 countries, autonomous region of Tibet, and occupied territory of Palestine that I have been to, Afghanistan provided the heaviest amount of culture shock that I have ever experienced. It was literally as if I had stepped back hundreds of years in time. Right when I crossed the river from Tajikistan into Afghanistan, everything changed. The lush, green pastures and rolling hills turned into flat desert as far as I could see. Camels wondered in the desert, women completely covered themselves in berkas, and a Afghan man stole my sunglasses right off my face. The people were great, other than the thief of course. We actually got into a bit of a "situation" in which some Afghan men helped us get back across the border. What we saw in Afghanistan was an incredible cultural experience, but an even more incredible harvest experience. That land is a wide opened territory for the Gospel. The Afghan people are slowly coming out of an era of bondage in which terrorism reigned. This place needs the good news of Jesus Christ.

1 Comments:

Blogger UriandMelinda said...

Hey Justin, I am CCC alumni as well. I got your URL from Lawrence who is here at RTS with me. Seems like you had a greta trip.

9/12/2006 08:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home